In the official Honkai Impact 3rd game, there is a Combat System present when battling. There are some mechanics that are unique to certain characters and some powerful skills that can change the tide of battle in-game.
Evade / Block / Parry / Throw Counterattack
Evade can be used to avoid enemy hits, the effect of evasion skill is depending on battlesuit used.
- Pressing the Evade button will make player roll or slide depending on the valkyrja used (Cooldown is around 1s)
- Perfect Evasion will launch Active Evasion skill against purple glowing attacks and you will have to wait it to recharge before can continue launching another one, recover EP and activate Passive Evasion regardless of Active Evasion cooldown.
- Some characters may have multiple Active Evasion charges.
- Some valkyrja can activate Branch Attacks if they used a Evade or Perfect Evasion skill without the need to use normal attacks.
- On Bronya, player can press and hold block button will make character block all damages in front as long as the shield does not break, can also recharge shield instantly by releasing the block button.
- On Bronya, if you release the block button within a second after receiving damage then you will release both Active Block and [Block Counterattack].
- On Bright Knight - Excelsis, Block will react normally just like evasions except entire Block duration have both i-Frames and p-Frames.
- Only Bronya's shield is able to deflect enemy projectiles, Bright Knight - Excelsis shield does not!
Added in version 3.1 with Liliya Blueberry Blitz's Battlesuit, the mechanic is similar to Evade but have few differences:
- Using Ultimate button to Parry
- Parry any type of enemies even yellow glowing one
Additional Evade / Block Mechanics
Evade / Block have 4 types: Evade / Block animation, Perfect Evade / Block, Passive Evasion / Block Counterattack and Active Evasion (or Ultimate Evasion) / Active Block skills.
- Evade animation is usually 1s and there is around 0.8s i-Frame (invincible-Frame) and 0.6s p-Frame (perfect-Frame). Block have infinite i-Frame and p-Frame as long as shield is not broken and enemies hit the shield.
- If player sucessfully triggers a P-Frame, the Valkyrja will have 0.2 seconds slow down, receive 2 EP, triggering Active Evasion skill by default and guarantee activate Passive Evasion skill if available.
- Some characters have special skill that doesn't require p-Frame to activate Passive Evasion.
- Perfect Evasion doesn't trigger Active Evasion if evaded enemies glowing yellow eyes, even if the character have special skill that activate Active Evasion at any time like White Knight - Moonlight or Herrscher of the Void, however will still guarantee to activate Passive Evasion if available.
- Active Block on Bronya doesn't require Perfect Block but Perfect Unblock instead, also guarantee triggering Active skill regardless of enemies glowing yellow eyes or nope.
- Perfect Block on Bronya will deflect all of projectiles but not unchangable projectiles or hitscan one (Fu Hua boss and Black Nucleus "round ball shots" for example).
Introduced in version 3.8 with lance users, certain enemy attacks are opened for counterattack. The Throw Attack button will be overwritten with Counterattack button and peform a special animations unlike the normal Throw. Throw Counterattack can be activated regardless of Throw Attack cooldown as long as there is a prompt.
Branch Attack / Charge Attack / Chase Attack
- When you attack using Basic Attacks or Evade - and hold the attack button for a while, your Valkyrja will have light appear around them and then make a special sound, pressing the attack button again will launch a Branch Attack.
- Some characters like Valkyrja Strike or White Knight - Moonlight will require continuous attack button pressing after doing a Branch Attack to keep the Valkyrja on attacking the target.
- Just hold the normal attack button to charge and release the button to attack enemies.
Tag-In Attack / QTE Attack
- Tag-in attacks will be launched when you switch character, it can be a strong attack or a branch attack depending on the valkryja used.
QTE skill is a special skill that can be launched by tag-in if your Valkyrja has been triggered by a special conditions; float, frozen, stun, etc...
Weapon skill / Ultimate
- Depending on weapons, it may have passive skills or active skills or even both.
- If your weapon has an active skill then it will appear on the screen, and mostly will require EP to use.
Throw Attack is a permanent Weapon skill for all Lance-type weapons.
- All lances does not consume EP
- Using same animation regardless of lances.
Ultimate skills are the most powerful skills in the game but requires a huge amount of EP.
One-time Usage Ultimate
- Mostly use a large amount of EP.
- This type of ultimate usually grants invincibility to all types of damage in a short time (i-Frame).
- It's the most simple type of Ultimate and is usually used to avoid enemy attacks.
Burst Mode Ultimate
This type of ultimate can be found when using some specific characters which their normal attack is replaced with more powerful "Burst Attacks" when using Burst Mode. The only exception is Scarlet Knight which use One-time Usage Ultimate but still count as Burst Mode.
- This type of ultimate is basically an upgrade or enhanced normal attack function at the cost of losing EP/HP.
- Normal / Branch / Charge Attack Damage does apply to "Burst Attacks" during Burst Mode.
- Player still receives damage from any sources.
This type was first introduced in version 2.0 on Valkyrja Accipiter.
This will change the Ultimate button with attack buttons and acts as its combo trigger.
For more information on playable characters visit their standalone battlesuit page.
Post-Houkai Odyssey Avatars
Introduced in version 3.8, when using Avatars, the Ultimate button will be replaced with Jump button and Weapon skill button will be replaced with Ultimate button.